Saturday, November 21, 2009

Emma at birth


These next few posts are strictly pictures and videos, done in pieces. Some are animations, so if you have any trouble viewing, just email me and I'll send it to you in a different way.



This is Holly after about
9 hours of hard labor pains, when she'd just begun pushing. Doesn't
she look happy? She did extremely well...at one point she looked at Christina and said, "I don't know, I guess I just thought it would hurt more." We all laughed, her included. I've pointed out Christina in the picture--we love her devotedly, and she is a supremely pro
fessional, skilled midwife who has earned my respect. Holly would probably do anything for her.


This is Holly a little farther along in the
pushing, which truly only took a couple of hours at most. Nichole is a doula--she has nothing to do with the actual
delivery of the baby. A doula is there to provide emotional and physical support to the mother (and the birth partner!), and she is usually someone who's been through natural childbirth and can therefore truly understand what this mom's going through. She is another person we cherish--she went WAY above and beyond what was necessary, even to the point of staying up almost 2 days.



And at last, here was little Emma! Everyone who sees this picture says, Oh, my goodness, look at those beautiful Angelina Jolie lips!




We think she's much prettier than AJ.

Holly did pretty good, huh?






These last two are Emma, still at the birthing center, after they put the ointment in her eyes. She's about 1 hour old in these.



No comments: